Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weird Beauty Rituals

I came across blog called becomegorgerous.com. The site is mostly about cosmetics tips and advice  There is also a section on blogging among the users. I came across an article on their site called weird beauty rituals around the world. This was right up my alley and there were so many interesting facts that I discovered. So I am excited to sure with you all.


Here are some of my favorites:

  • In England, people combine bull semen with Iranian plant called katera root to help revitalize damaged hair.
  • In some parts of South America, snail secretion is considered to have a lot of benefits for human skin.
  • Some parts of England and Australia use leeches to treat certain problems such as arthritis, muscle tension, abscesses, blood circulation problems and so on
  • In China, warm cups are applied to the skin to promote blood circulation.
  • In Turkey, fishes are placed in public pools to nibble off dead skin cells of the body

Below is the link to the blog where you can read up on a more detailed explanation of each fact.

Become Gorgeous


No comments:

Post a Comment