Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Human Barbie Doll

Meet Valeria Lukyanova as known as the human barbie doll. At the young age of 23, you would ask what would prompt someone to make a living looking like a barbie doll. With all the strange people out in the world, dare I say that she is the most normal. 


Valeria has openly stated that she has had breast implant and "claims" that everything else is through makeup and special tricks. 


To many she is going to the extreme, but how is she different from any other woman that gets breast implants and apply a ton of makeup to feel more beautiful and look more flawless. 


Valeria has stated on different interviews that "many people say bad things about people who want to perfect themselves. It’s hard work, but they dismiss it as something done by surgeons or computer artists. Some people even spread rumors about me and retouch my pictures to hurt me. But I don’t take them seriously. I’m even flattered! It’s what success is like. I’m happy I seem unreal to them, it means I’m doing a good job."

This picture is just a glimpse of her amazing transformation that she claims is done through makeup.







The video is detailed pictures of her before and after; both facial and body transformation.




I did not grow up playing with a barbie doll but I can still see why women of all ages fantasize to be and look like her and some, such as Valeria, do anything possible to look just like her. Barbie was classified as the perfect image of a women with her long blond hair, long thin legs, full breast and lips and the slimmest waist. Maybe this is a call of action as to the type of doll character young girls should be playing with and that even is another topic for debate.


No comments:

Post a Comment