Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Personal Story


I wanted to take a step back from my usual post and share a personal story about myself.


For as long as I could remember my parents have always told me that education is the key to success. For you to achieve, you must know. I never really understand what they were saying until I got much older. I never really liked staying in a classroom listening to someone talk for hours but I knew I enjoyed learning new and interesting things. Besides education, my parents wanted me to pursue a career that they felt was honorable and respectable.

 Being the first child I respected their wishes and so sort after a career in the science field. I knew I liked learning about new discoveries, theories, and medicine but also wanted  to help people. And not just people but children. Coming from a family where a lot of  children did not live to see the age of 10 due to lack of medical attention, I then wanted to become a pediatrician.

Throughout my high school years I made sure I took any class possible relating to my major’s field. I got involved with any clubs , activities or volunteer work relating to becoming a doctor. I even made sure I had dreams about science. But somehow those dreams turned into nightmares. So I took a step back from science my senior year in high school. Heck I think I even took a step back from education. Seniorities started kicking in and you know how that goes. So I enter college to embark in a whole new world of science, yet I discover fashion.

Last week I had a dream about working in a fashion industry and I woke up smiling. Science never had this affect on me. Never! So I take some time to think about fashion and science as a whole and decided to go and talk to my advisor. She told me to pick a major that I feel would suite me the most. She then gave me a paper to fill out and only if I wished to change my major from science to something else. I filled the paper out. I walked into my advisor's office a week later.  I sat down in front of her and told her I was ready for this. She then looked at me confused but asked me what major I finally decided to go for. I looked at my hands and told her that I chose....

No comments:

Post a Comment